We gratefully thank him for his 40 and more years of main contributions to the fields of Plasma Chemistry and Plasma Processing of Materials.
Prof. Vittorio Colombo, Prof.ssa Maria Letizia Focarete, Dr. Anna Liguori and Eng. Tommaso Gallingani will participate to the workshop “La ricerca d’Autore: Laboratori e Imprese per lo sviluppo di biomedicale e protesica”
Prof. Vittorio Colombo, Prof. Maria Letizia Focarete, Dr. Anna Liguori and Eng. Tommaso Gallingani will participate to the workshop “La ricerca d’Autore: Laboratori e Imprese per lo sviluppo di biomedicale e protesica“. The workshop will be held in Mirandola (IT) on April 20, 2018.
During the workshop the following research projects will be presented :
- TECNO_EN-P: sistema abilitante per generare “smart materials” applicabili in dispositivi biomedicali per rimozione selettiva di cellule e di sostanze solubili o in sospensione in liquidi biologici (www.tecnoenp.com)
- Nanosens4life – Nanobiosensori su matrice polimerica funzionalizzata: dispositivi smart per il monitoraggio in line dei trattamenti extracorporei, respirazione assistita e ossigenoterapia (www.nanosens4life.com)
- Nanocoatings: Nuovi film antibatterici nanostrutturati per applicazioni in campo biomedicale (www.nano-coatings.it)
Further information on the scientific program can be found on the workshop website
The 5th International Workshop on Plasma for Cancer Treatment was held in Greifswald, Germany, from the 20 to the 21 March 2018.
Prof. Vittorio Colombo, Dr. Romolo Laurita and Dr. Eleonora Turrini participated bringing our contributions:
- Non-thermal plasma as an innovative anticancer strategy on leukemia models (invited talk)
- AlmaIDEA project: chemo-physical and biological mechanisms behind the anticancer activity of plasma activated liquids for the treatment of peritoneal carcinosis from primitive epithelial ovarian/tubal tumor (poster presentation)
Conference website: http://www.iwpct2018.org/index.html
Lecture by František Krčma was held during the 2017/18 laboratory of “Industrial Applications of Plasmas”
On March 14, 2018, Prof. František Krčma from Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic, held the lecture “Plasma chemistry laboratory at Faculty of Chemistry-Brno University of Technology”.
We thank him for visiting our class and laboratories!
The 10th Anniversary International Symposium on Advanced Plasma Science and its Applications for Nitrides and Nanomaterials and the 11th International Conference on Plasma-Nano Technology & Science is being held in Meijo University, Nagoya, Japan from the 4 to the 8 March 2018.
Dr. Matteo Gherardi is participating, bringing our contribution:
- Current research activities on plasma-assisted biomedical applications and nanoparticle synthesis at UniBO
Conference website: http://www.isplasma.jp/
The 2nd International Workshop on Plasma Agriculture will be held in Takayama, Gifu, Japan from the 9 to the 11 March 2018.
Dr. Matteo Gherardi will participate bringing our contribution:
- Current research activities on plasma-assisted agricultural and biomedical applications at UniBO
Conference website: http://www.iwopa2.org/
Prof. Vittorio Colombo, Dr. Matteo Gherardi and Dr. Romolo Laurita participated to the “NANOCONTACT conference: POTENTIAL APPLICATION OF PLASMA AND NANOMATERIALS 2017” in Brno, Czech Republic
NANOCONTACT conference: POTENTIAL APPLICATION OF PLASMA AND NANOMATERIALS was held in Brno (Czech Republic) from 20 to 21 November 2018.
Prof. Vittorio Colombo and Dr. Matteo Gherardi partecipated bringing our contributions:
– Endodontic and restorative dental treatments, disinfection
– Cold atmospheric plasma processing of materials for biomedical and industrial applications
– RF thermal plasmas (nanoparticle synthesis, process design and optimization, bio applications)
– Cancer cell treatment and agricultural applications
Program of the conference: link
Lecture by Cristina Paradisi was held during the 2017/18 course of “Industrial Applications of Plasmas”
On November 17, 2017, Prof. Cristina Paradisi from the Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy, held the lecture “Plasmi atmosferici per trattamenti depurativi delle acque”.
We thank her for visiting our class and laboratories!
On November 14, 2017, Prof. Pietro Favia from the University of Bari “Aldo Moro”, Italy, held the lecture “Low p surface modification plasma-processes of materials”.
We thank him for visiting our class!
On November 8, 2017, Dr. David Duday from LIST, Luxembourg, held the lecture “Cold atmospheric pressure plasma deposition of thin films for industrial applications”, during the 2017/18 course of “Industrial Applications of Plasmas”. The visit of Dr. Duday is organized by Dr. Gherardi.
We thank him for visiting our class and laboratories.
IAP group is part of the team that won the grant ALMA IDEA 2017 – Senior, by the Alma Mater Studiorum-Università di Bologna, with the project “Studio dei meccanismi d’azione chimico‐fisici e biologici alla base dell’attività antitumorale di liquidi attivati con gas plasma per il trattamento della carcinosi peritoneale da tumore epiteliale dell’ovaio/tuba/peritoneo primitivo”, focused on the investigation of PALs (Plasma Activated Liquids) as potential antitumor agent in the treatment of peritoneal carcinosis.
The Principal Investigator of the project is Prof. Pierandrea De Iaco, Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche e Chirurgiche (DIMEC), head of Oncologia Ginecologica (link) at the Policlinico S.Orsola-Malpighi (recent interview to Prof. De Iaco: link). Among the main participant of the project are also Prof. Giuseppe Gasparre (DIMEC) expert in mitochondrial genetics, with particular reference to mitochondrial metabolism in solid tumors, and Dr. Anna Myriam Perrone
experienced surgeon of Oncologia Ginecologica at the Policlinico S.Orsola-Malpighi.
The official list of the funded projects at the following link
The event Research@DIMSAI was held in the Aula Magna of the School of Engineering and Architecture of Alma Mater Studiorum – Università di Bologna the 23 October 2017.
The student of PhD Course in Mechanics and Advanced Engineering Sciences (DIMSAI) where invited to present their research topic to other department members and to representatives from industrial companies.
Our PhD students contributed with their presentations:
– Filippo Capelli (1st year) “Integrated design of atmospheric pressure non-equilibrium plasma sources for industrial and biomedical applications” (poster presentation)
– Federica Barletta (1st year) “Design and optimization of processes assisted by plasma for the codeposition of biocomposite coatings for drug delivery” (poster presentation)
– Tommaso Gallingani (1st year) “Physical and engineering design of optimized processes assisted by atmospheric non-equilibrium plasmas for surface modification of polymeric materials” (poster presentation)
– Emanuele Simoncelli (3rd year) “Development and characterization of a plasma gun source for biomedical applications” (oral presentation)
– Enrico Traldi (3rd year) “Synthesis and characterization of high added value materials by means of equilibrium and non-equilibrium plasmas” (oral presentation)
Official program of the vent: link